If you’re unhappy with the way your smile looks, then you might be considering undergoing cosmetic dentistry. One of the quickest and most cost-effective treatments is dental bonding. With this procedure, you can easily address minor dental flaws in a single visit. But how can you tell if this option is right for you? Read on to learn about dental bonding in Bergenfield, the benefits you can enjoy, and tips for maintaining your beautiful results!
What Is Dental Bonding?
This procedure is also known as cosmetic dental bonding, which involves using composite resin to alter the shape, size, and color of your teeth. The material is metal-free, mostly consisting of glass and acrylic particles, providing more natural-looking results. With proper care, you can expect to enjoy your dazzling new smile for 10 years or more.
The Advantages of Dental Bonding
Here are several reasons you might consider undergoing dental bonding:
- Effective solution for treating minor dental imperfections, such as chips, stains, cracks, and gaps
- One of the more affordable cosmetic dental procedures
- The entire treatment can be completed in just a single appointment
- Typically does not involve local anesthesia
- Does not require altering natural teeth beforehand
What to Expect From the Procedure
Firstly, your dentist will assess your oral health and discuss your smile goals with you. They’ll also address any underlying issues before moving on to your cosmetic treatment to avoid complications in the future. Once it’s determined that dental bonding is an ideal solution for you, they’ll pick the composite resin that matches your natural smile.
Your dentist will then roughen the surface of your pearly whites and apply a conditioning liquid to ensure the material bonds to them. The resin will be applied and sculpted afterward, effectively concealing your dental flaws. Afterward, the material will be hardened with a special curing light, then shaped and polished to ensure your results blend flawlessly with the rest of your teeth.
6 Essential Aftercare Tips
Once you’re able to show off your brand-new smile, you’ll want to preserve them for as long as possible. Here are several crucial ways to make the most of your dental bonding results:
- Brush twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste
- Floss once daily (or after every meal) and rinse regularly with mouthwash
- Avoid poor oral habits like chewing on ice, nail-biting, or smoking
- Maintain a healthy diet and reduce your acidic food and sugar intake
- Prevent teeth grinding by wearing mouthguards at night
- Visit your dentist every six months for dental checkups and cleanings
Dental bonding can provide reliable and lifelike results for treating dental imperfections. Speak with your dentist if you’re interested, and they’ll be glad to determine if this is the best approach for improving your smile!
About the Author
Dr. Mariliza LaCap earned her dental doctorate from the Columbia University School of Dental & Ora Surgery. She’s also a proud member of several prestigious organizations like the American Dental Association and the Bergen County Dental Society. She offers a wide range of high-quality and comprehensive services, including dental bonding. If you’d like to schedule a consultation, visit her website or call 201-453-4863.